Please note that Literary Life does not accept advertising of any variety, no exceptions. (If you’re interested, there’s a post about that here.)
Hi! Thanks for considering Literary Life to review your novel!
I live, eat and breathe books, and often go without food to fund my book obsession! Please hang around and check my blog – see the style, what I usually ramble about and see if your book fits in.
If you scroll down this page further you can see a full list of books I’ve reviewed.
You can also read this post, which is a little behind-the-scenes of books I get to review – you should take note of what annoys me so you don’t fall into that category!!!!
**Currently Literary Life is accepting less books than usual due to back-log + increased reading for my two university degrees. Please consider alternatives of guest posts or interviews if I decline your book.
Okay, down to it!
- Young Adult – realist contemporary mainly however all its sub-genres with exception of below.
- Picture Books/Middle Grade Novels
- Short story collections
- Fiction (women’s fiction, GLBT fiction)
Currently not accepting:
- Out of order books in series
- Genres: no science-fiction, fantasy or paranormal romance – so basically no speculative fiction. No parenting, self-help, religious, romance.
If your book type/genre isn’t mentioned here, email me!
- Lit Life hosts interviews, guest posts and giveaways: email for more details
- All reviews/guest posts/interviews are linked back to the author’s website and/or blog and/or Twitter and/or Facebook/MySpace, whatever you like.
- All guest posts and interviews are accompanied by an author biography, author photo, cover art and synopsis of the book.
- All reviews are accompanied by cover art and synopsis of the book.
- I email you with the link when the review/guest post/interview is up.
- Review time: 4-6 weeks, every effort to post at publication date (or when you specify)
- Due to moving to a new server and host, I’ve lost all my subscriptions and hit stats – sorry! Hopefully it’ll be back to normal soon!
- Over 750 Twitter Follower
- Over 1300 Facebook friends on professional page; over 540 friends on personal page; over 450 fans on fan page (reviews/blog posts are posted to all three pages)
- Most readers are from The United States, The United Kingdom, Australia, Russia, Canada, Netherlands and New Zealand
- Many of my reviews have been quoted on author websites (Robyn Bavati, Kirsty Eager, Karen Tayleur etc)
I’m known for my rambly, chatty, personal in-depth reviews. I use “I” in my reviews, and I talk about my personal experiences reading your book, such as what I was feeling and where I was. I use ‘simple’ language and the review won’t be technical (by that I mean use a lot of ‘smart’ and ‘big’ words, but I do pick up on grammar issues, showing not telling etc) – it would alienate my readers to review in such a technical way.
When readers read a review I’ve written, they feel like I’m sitting in front of them, talking to them about the book. They can hear my voice, my excitement and my love for books. If you want me to email you a non-chatty/personal copy of the review (I just remove all the ‘I’s etc) I can do that.
Note: reviewing a book does not guarantee a good review. I am honest in whether I like it or not. I don’t sugar coat. If I can’t find anything positive to say about it, I will email and decline to review – this will save us both a negative review. If this isn’t for you, then please reconsider submitting your novel to me.
All sound good? Can’t wait to hear from you!
literary dot life at hotmail dot com