What a big, journalistic day.
I know everyone’s heard about Fairfax. Simply shocking.
It was a really interesting discussion, and one that was somewhat hopeful: there will always be a place in the world for the physical book (hopefully).
It’s sad that the residency is over, and The Emerging Writers Festival in general for this year.
I’m going to miss the space, the sense of community and the opportunities.
I’m also going to miss the people and the ideas.
Aww I wish it was one of those on-going things.
On to more chipper news, here’s a great behind-the-scenes video about Random House, thanks to the lovely Steph at Read In A Single Sitting:
- Call My Agent via The Ampersand Project on how we’re not all going to make it (get published)
- A drink with Chris Flynn on LiteraryMinded
- Voiceworks #89 is launching soon!
- Staying steady on the publishing rollercoaster - Rachelle Gardner
- A fantastic post by Sally Rippin on the Light In Winter festival, and the impressions people make on you
- The Wheeler Centre on Fairfax
- As always, follow me on Facebook and/or Twitter for publishing and book news all day
- I’ve also been rather obsessed with Adele lately. You can’t tell me this isn’t awesome.
Lastly: if you know me in real life: watch out!