My Rabbit Hole:
- Total 10,400 words written (although Elyce counted her blog posts as writing, perhaps I should have?!)
- I missed six and a half hours on Saturday due to: Planet EWF Bloggers Brunch (2 hours) and work (4.5 hours)
- It was at some point on Saturday night I decided to can what I was working on – the new project. I didn’t have the voice, it was annoying me and becoming a waste of time
- Instead, I decided to work on my current work-in-progress. I spent a lot of time on Sunday re-plotting and editing, making structural changes and insert marked-up edits into the computer, however I also wrote lots of scenes (which were then inserted to the main MS file, but written separately for the purposes of keeping a check on the word count)
- I felt so productive and awesome on Sunday. It was amazing
- Although it was also exceedingly hard, as when I want to take a break, I like to DANCE. Dance crazily around my house, singing at the top of my lungs and dancing in the vein of Elaine on Seinfeld (ie bad). However being in a public place I couldn’t do that!
- I got so much more done than I ever felt possible, and because I was being all productive and awesome like I came home and marked up another entire copy of the manuscript, start to finish! I am still amazed I got it done
- Now, begins the process of inserting those edits into the computer!
- The Rabbit Hole was all shades of awesome and a HUGE thank you to Lisa, EWF, Sam and our host, Jason Nahrung.
Today was the induction for Future Bookshop: as well as being my first time in the space.
One word: WOW.
Lisa and the teams at EWF + The Light in Winter + NGV have done a stellar job.
The space is amazing, interactive and huge.
You can download stuff onto your laptop, listen to podcasts, read, play video games, write, talk to and watch us residents - stay in the space as long as you like.
The residents will be there for the entire time, so come down and say hi!
We did one of those ’round the room introductions’ and briefly told each other what we’d be working on, and I can assure you there are going to be some great projects coming out of it!
My work will be on the walls of Future Bookshop, the EWF Blog and on here as well.
But you’ll have to wait and see to find out what it’s about!
I hope to see everyone there, because it’s going to be an amazing experience.